Health Care Revolving Door
Writing in the Guardian, Glenn Greenwald describes the career path of Elizabeth Fowler, who was, in order:
- Top healthcare policy aide to Senator Max Baucus, the Democrat who chairs the Senate Finance Committee
- Vice President for Public Policy and External Affairs at health insurance company WellPoint
- Top healthcare policy aide to Senator Max Baucus, the Democrat who chairs the Senate Finance Committee (for a second time)
- Special Assistant to the President for Healthcare and Economic Policy at the National Economic Council (in the Obama administration)
- senior-level position leading 'global health policy' at Johnson & Johnson's government affairs and policy group. Johnson & Johnson is a member of the Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America
He writes, "This is precisely the behavior which, quite rationally, makes the citizenry so jaded about Washington."
Link via RealClearPolitics.
by Editor | Dec 5, 2012 at 10:20 am
Related Topics: Health Care
receive the latest by email: subscribe to the free futureofcapitalism.com mailing list