Our quarterly drive for paying readers is going on this week. Here are ten reasons to become a paying member or subscriber.
1. You need to reallocate all the money you saved by canceling your New York Times subscription after Paul Krugman wrote that September 11 "has become an occasion for shame."
2. Might as well spend whatever money you have left now before President Obama taxes it away. If you spend enough, you might even avoid counting as one of the "millionaires and billionaires" for Obama tax-raising purposes.
3. You enjoy and learn from the content of FutureOfCapitalism.com and want to send an encouraging signal of support.
4. At the entry level of just $49 a year, it's less than 14 cents a day, which is an unbelievable bargain for what is being provided.
5. Your money will be used to help improve FutureOfCapitalism.com and to expand its audience.
6. You don't want to be a free-rider on the other paying subscribers.
7. If you do it right now, you won't have to remember to do it later.
8. If you do it right now, you won't have to worry about it again for another year.
9. Measured in gold, the $49 entry-level subscription is substantially discounted from the price it was two years ago.
10. You believe in limited government and free enterprise and want to support independent journalism that advances those principles.
The link to become a paying member or subscriber is here.