Thank you to those who have already responded to our quarterly drive for paying subscribers. For those who weren't sold by Tuesday's list of Ten Reasons To Become a Paying Subscriber, here are ten more reasons to click through and sign up:
1. Think of all the time we've saved you by summarizing and rebutting Barack Obama speeches and Republican presidential debates that you'd otherwise have to sit through and watch by yourself.
2. The money from subscriptions helps make it possible for us to promote the site and help to grow its readership.
3. The entry-level subscription is about a quarter of the price of a subscription to the online New York Times, and FutureOfCapitalism will take and waste less of your time than the Times would.
4. Even after the Dodd-Frank financial "reform" act and the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act, you can still pay for a subscription with a credit card.
5. A FutureOfCapitalism coffee mug?
6. There are some quite prominent and successful people among the paying subscribers. Wouldn't you like to be among that select group?
7. You like reading the content on the site and want it to continue.
8. You believe in incentives.
9. Your editor isn't ensconced in some non-profit think tank or tenured at some tax-exempt educational institution. Paying subscribers, along with some advertising revenue, are what have made the site possible.
10. You want to make sure you don't miss that quarterly report issued only to paying subscribers with information on the site's progress and future plans.
Come on, go ahead and do it.