He has his program, but we have the issue.
Reader comment on: Early Thoughts on the ObamaCare Ruling
Submitted by richard40 (United States), Jun 29, 2012 10:43
Obama has had his program upheld, good for him. But this ruling also did some good things for us, such as:
1. It did place limits on the commerce clause, and the use of mandates. If Congress wants to do stuff like this in the future, they will have to be honest, call it a tax,and take the political heat. No more of this BS where you loudly deny it is a tax when trying to pass it, and then claim it is a tax once it goes to court.
2. Obama can no longer claim he did not raise taxes on the middle class, since the court decision, which he supports, upheld the bill on the basis that the mandate was a tax.
3. It should energize opponents of Obamacare even more to win the election, since we cant rely on the court to rid us of this monstrousity. And if it repealed in congress, the left wont be able to claim that "5 unelected activist judges" rpealed it.
4. The court also struck down a provision that allowed the ffed gov to bully the states on medicaid policy by threatening to totally cut off funding.
5. A lot of leftist comentators, who were spinning paranoid fantasies about the supreme court, and threatening their legidimacy if they did not toe the line, will now have to eat their words.
We cant spin this as a victory, because we are stuck with this law at least until we retake the presidency and senate. But at least it is not an ireversable setback, and will provide more energy in the election.
Note: Comments are moderated by the editor and are subject to editing.
Other reader comments on this item
Comment on this item
Subscribe to the Mailing List