Thank you to those who have already responded to our drive for paying subscribers. The link to pay is here. For those who haven't yet joined up, here are eleven more possible reasons in addition to yesterday's ten:
1. The entry-level price, at $49, hasn't increased in a decade. We are doing our part to maintain price stability and fight inflation; or, another way to look at it is that, as measured in ounces of gold, the price is the cheapest it ever has been.
2. FutureOfCapitalism, LLC chose not to seek or accept any government funding under the Paycheck Protection Program established by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.
3. Your editor isn't ensconced in some think tank. Paying subscribers, along with some advertising revenue, are what have made the site possible.
4. You believe in incentives.
5. You've learned something valuable in the past year by reading the site.
6. It's reassuring to know that you aren't the only one out there who looks at the world the way we do.
7. You look at the world differently than we do, but find it useful to know where someone else is coming from.
8. It's nice to have some news and opinion outlets that aren't government-funded (like NPR).
9. You are looking forward to learning something valuable in the year ahead by reading the site.
10. You think there need to be non-crazy, civil, intelligent voices on the center-right in America's political and economic discussion.
11. Push back against the excesses of cancel culture.
If you've been procrastinating, now is the time to tackle this. It will not take long, and we can really use the help. The link is here.